Space Instrument Flight Software Verification and Development
Verification and Development of the STIX Flight Software
Ateleris was involved in the development of the flight software of the STIX instrument. STIX stands for Spectrometer Telescope for Imaging X-rays and is flying on-board the ESA mission Solar Orbiter since February 2020. The telescope was built under the lead of the University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland FHNW with industry collaboration.
Our tasks included
- improving the flight software functionality and reliability
- developing, executing and evaluating the results of software verification tests on science modules, core system procedures and components, and hardware drivers.
- developing ground-analysis software tools to support data analysis
- Embedded programming in C/C++
- Real-Time Executive for Multiprocessor Systems (RTEMS)
- Gaisler Leon3 Processor
- Electronic Ground Equipment (EGSE) Testing